ISLAMIC FAMILY LAW ORDINANCE, 2001
PART VIII- MISCELLANEOUS
Section 125. Will on property of adopted child
(1) Every person who adopts a child recognized by the local society as his adopted child since childhood may make an agreement or a declaration in a form prescribed and prepared by the Islamic Religious Department.
(2) In case the adopter has no heir, the adopted child shall, by virtue of this section, get not more than one third of the property of the adopter in his will.
(3) In case the adopter has heirs, the adopted child shall get not more than what is provided for under subsection (2) out of the adopter in his adopted parents.
(4) The adopted child shall only get not more than the share mentioned in subsection (2) or (3) out of the property of his adopted parents regardless of the number of adopted children that parents may have.
(5) In case the child that the adopted parents adopt is from his own heirs and entitled to the property, the child shall not be subject to subsection (1) or (3).
Copyright © PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.