ENACTMENT NO. 09 OF 2002
SYARIAH CRIMINAL PROCEDURE (STATE OF MALACCA) ENACTMENT 2002
PART IV - INFORMATION TO THE RELIGIOUS ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND THEIR POWER TO INV
Section 59. Examination of witnesses by Religious Enforcement Officer.
(1) A Religious Enforcement Officer making an investigation under this Chapter may examine orally any person supposed to be acquainted with the facts and circumstances of the case and shall reduce into writing any statement made by the person so examined.
(2) Such person shall be legally bound to answer all questions relating to such case put to him by such officer.
(3) A person making a statement under this section shall be legally bound to state the truth, whether or not such statement is made wholly or partly in answer to questions.
(4) A Religious Enforcement Officer examining a person under subsection (1) shall first inform that person of the provisions of the subsections (2) and (3).
(5) A statement made by any person under this section shall, whenever possible, be reduced into writing and signed by the person making it or affixed with his thumbprint in the presence of two witnesses, as the case may be, after it has been read to him in the language in which he made it and after he has been given an opportunity to make any corrections he may wish.
Copyright © PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.