ISLAMIC FAMILY LAW ORDINANCE, 2001
PART II - MARRIAGE
Section 14. Application for permission to marry
(1) Whenever it is desired to solemnize a marriage in the State, each of the parties to the intended marriage shall apply in the prescribed form for permission to marry to the Registrar for the kariah masjid in which the woman is resident.
(2) If the man is resident in a kariah masjid different from that of the woman or is resident in any State, his application shall bear or be accompanied by a statement of the Registrar of his kariah masjid or by the proper authority of the State, as the case may be, to the effect that as far as he has been able to ascertain the matters stated in the application are true.
(3) The application of each party must be delivered to the Registrar at least seven days before the proposed date of marriage, but the Registrar may allow a shorter period in any particular case.
(4) The application of the parties shall be treated as a joint application.
(5) The Registrar shall not solemnize the marriage of any person who comes from outside the State except with the written permission of the Syariah Judge of the place where the person to be married normally resides:
Provided that if such place has no Syariah Judge, permission shall be obtained any authority of that place.
Copyright © PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.