MAJLIS ISLAM SARAWAK ORDINANCE 2001
PART VI - ESTABLISHMENT OF LEMBAGA HAL-EHWAL ISLAM DAN ADAT MELAYU, LEMBAGA MASJID-MASJID, ETC.
Lembaga Hal-Ehwal Islam dan Adat Melayu
Section 56. Establishment of Lembaga Hal-Ehwal Islam dan Adat Melayu.
(1) There shall be established, for the purpose of this Ordinance, a Lembaga Hal-Ehwal Islam dan Adat Melayu which shall consist of not less than four members, including the Chairman, but not more than eight other members who shall be appointed by the Yang di-Pertua Negeri, on the recommendation of the Majlis, for such period as may be prescribed.
(2) It shall be the responsibility of the Lembaga Hal-Ehwal Islam dan Adat Melayu to aid and assist the Majlis in respect of all matters relating to the Malay customary law of the State, the affairs and activities of all Islamic religious societies, bodies and charitable organizations and the religion of Islam in the State, except on the question of or relating to Islamic Law and those relating to the administration of justice.
(3) If in any court, other than a Syariah Court, any question relating to any matter under subsection (2) calls for a decision, such court may request for the opinion of the Majlis on such question.
(4) Upon receipt of the request under subsection (3), the Majlis shall refer such question to the Lembaga Hal-Ehwal Islam dan Adat Melayu which shall, on behalf and in the name of the Majlis, give its opinion thereon in accordance with the opinion of the majority of its members to the requesting court.
(5) In making and issuing any such decision in accordance with this section, the Lembaga Hal-Ehwal Islam dan Adat Melayu shall have due regard to the Malay customary law applicable in the State.
Copyright © PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.