ISLAMIC FAMILY LAW ORDINANCE, 2001
PART V - DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
Section 82. Nature of attachment of earnings order
(1) An attachment of earnings order shall require the person to whom the order in question is directed, being a person appearing to the Court to be the defendant's employer, to make out of the earnings falling to be paid to the defendant payments in satisfaction of the order.
(2) The amount to be prescribed in an attachment of earnings order shall be such sum as to the Court shall seem reasonable after taking into account the resources and needs of the defendant and the needs of persons for whom he must or reasonably should provide.
(3) An attachment of earnings order shall contain, so far as they are known to the Court making the order, such particulars as may be prescribed for the purpose of enabling the defendant to be identified by the person to whom the order is directed.
(4) An attachment of earnings order or any variation thereof shall not come into force until the expiration of seven days from the date when a copy of the order is served on the person to whom the order is directed.
(5) An attachment of earnings order shall designate the officer to whom payments under the order are to be made.
Copyright © PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.