ENACTMENT NO. 09 OF 2002
SYARIAH CRIMINAL PROCEDURE (STATE OF MALACCA) ENACTMENT 2002
PART VI - OF APPEAL AND REVISION
CHAPTER 2 - OF APPEAL TO THE SYARIAH APPEAL COURT
Section 152. Jurisdiction of the Syariah Appeal Court.
(1) The Syariah Appeal Court shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any appeal by any person convicted or otherwise found guilty or by the Chief Syariah Prosecutor against any decision made by the Syariah High Court in the exercise of its original criminal jurisdiction subject to this Enactment or any other written law regulating the terms and conditions upon which criminal appeals may be brought.
(2) Where an accused person has pleaded guilty and been convicted on the plea, there shall be no appeal except as to the extent or legality of the sentence.
(3) Notice of any appeal by the Chief Syariah Prosecutor shall be given by, or with the consent in writing of, that officer only.
(4) An appeal may lie on a question of fact or a question of law or a question of mixed fact and law.
(5) The Syariah Appeal Court shall also have jurisdiction to hear and determine matters brought before it in accordance with section 166 or 167.
Copyright © PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.